Auntie Anne’s is known internationally for its soft hand-baked pretzels. It recently became available in the Philippines and was immediately loved by many. For this, many are seeking for an opportunity through the brand.
In this article, we are going to talk about Auntie Anne’s and how they build a shared platform with entrepreneurs, specifically through the franchise.
About Auntie Anne’s Franchise
Auntie Anne’s is more than just a shop that offers pretzels. Although they major in the said product, they also sell dips, lemonades, and cheese sticks. This was established in 1988 by Anne Beiler in Pennsylvania.
The company’s mission greatly revolves around sharing their purpose around other people. In Beiler’s own words, “Caring for other people is the purpose of Auntie Anne’s.” To support this, they support and participate in charities, specifically in helping Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) to find a cure for childhood cancer.
Some of their other goals are to support their employees, reduce food waste, and introduce children to the process of making pretzels.
Aunt Anne’s Franchise Details
It is important to note that the details about franchising in the Philippines are currently unavailable. The information below, therefore, is based on international locations only. Upon Auntie Anne’s franchise availability locally, the following information may vary.
Estimated Investment: $199,475 to $385,100
Royalty Fee: 7%
Marketing Fee: 1%
Build-Out Options and Minimum Lot Size:
- In-Line – 400 ft2
- Kiosk – 200 ft2
- Satellite – Depends on the design
- Co-Brand Kiosk – 100 ft2 with 350 ft2 of back-of-house space
- Food Truck – Depends on the design
- Co–Brand Store – 1,200 ft2
- Initial training for the franchise owner
- Field Support
- Quality Control Services
Aunt Anne’s Contact Details
Main Office Address: Body Place Center 3/L Robinsons Galleria
- Auntie Anne’s (International)
- 435-1479| +1 877-778-9588
- Philippines Main Office (Contact Person: Mr. Dean Dayao)
- 671-6711 / (02) 671-6712
The Pros and Cons of Franchising Auntie Anne’s
For this section, we will be discussing the things that you need to consider before franchising Auntie Anne’s.
- If you choose to franchise the brand, it will be easy for you to grow because you are working on an already recognized company. This means that you don’t have to put extra effort into promoting your product because the market already knows the brand.
- The main product, pretzels, does not have any specific season. Meaning, it is an ideal product to sell as long as your location generates a lot of foot traffic.
- Receive the support of a reputable brand globally
- Be part of the continuously growing and improving the chain of Auntie Anne’s store around the world.
- Operate using a world-class operation and management system thought by Auntie Anne’s.
- The locations where a store can be built are limited. There are a lot of countries that are not included in their website’s list. Taking this into account, if you are calling in from an excluded location, the franchising process can be longer for you.
- Depending on your chosen franchise package, your estimated cost of investment will call for more, which may not be ideal for those with a tight capital.